MR. GBASIN PHILIP YERINMENE, EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, PROJECTS.
The DESOPADEC Executive Director on Projects (EDP) Mr. GBASIN PHILIP YERINMENE hails from Polobubou Community in Warri North L.G.A of Delta State.
He attended the University of Benin and obtained a Second Class Degree (Upper Division) in Sociology and Anthropology in 1986. He has a Post Graduate Diploma in Journalism obtained at the Nigeria Institute of Journalism (NIJ), Lagos. He is also a member of the Nigerian Institute of Management and has attended several professional courses.
Until his appointment as EDP, Mr. Gbasin Philip Yerinmene worked and retired voluntarily from Chevron Nigeria Limited between March 1999 and June 2014. While in Chevron, he occupied several positions which include; Team Leader For The Chevron Global Memorandum of Understanding (GMOU); where he worked with Government and Community stakeholders in initiating and executing over two hundred (200) community development projects in Delta State, Bayesa State, Ondo State, Imo State and Rivers State. As a public affairs representative for Chevron Nigeria Limited, he liaised with five State Governments and over a hundred communities in the Niger Delta in ensuring that the company sustained its production quota even when the national crude oil production dropped from 2.2million barrel per day to 700,000 barrel per day. Moreover, he was one time Corporate Affairs Manager, City Code Trust & Mortgage - Lagos (1991-1993), General manager, star trust investment limited - Lagos (1995-1999).
Mr. Gbasin Philip Yerinmene has vast experience and training in Corporate Public Relations, Project Management, Policy Formulation, Implementation, Strategic Thinking and Planning; Organizational Capacity Building, Community Development Management. He also attended professional courses which include Managing and Valuing Diversity - Chevron, Projects Monitoring and Evaluation Workshop, Creating Successful Partnership in Sustainable Development - UK, Advocacy and Resource Mobilization Training, Alternative Dispute Resolution Methods, CBN Conference on Micro Finance banks for National development, Intermediate and Advance negotiations, Effective Presentation Skills, Fundamentals of Public Relation - NIPR, Public Relations, Management Communications Technique for Effective Policy Making and Service Delivery - NIPR, Certificate in Conflict Management and Kingian nonviolence Education, Levels 1 & 11 - University of Rhodes Island - USA, Conflict Analysis and Communication skills, Social Impact Assessment and Stakeholder Engagement, Fundamentals of Finance, Consensus Building Training, Business and Ethnic Code, Mutual Gain Approach to Negotiation, Strategic Planning Workshop.
The Executive Director on Project has constructively built bridges of relationship across ethnic divisions in both public and private capacities in restoring peace and harmony among ethnic nationalities in Warri North and Warri South-west Local Government Areas of Delta State, during and after the Warri crisis. He was also instrumental in engaging youth leaders in the Niger Delta and securing the release of several militants from various militant camps to attend the Non-Violence Training Program in Lagos and South Africa which made them peace ambassadors (this program was later adopted by the Federal Government of Nigeria as part of the Amnesty Program).
Mr. Phillip Gbasin has won several awards which include;
• Chevron Managing Director’s Swamp Operational Excellence Award for effectively managing the company’s swamp operations during the period of crisis.
• Chevron Managing Director’s Recognition and Award for negotiating the release of 28 nationals and 6 expatriates taken hostage by Niger Delta Militants.
• Chevron Managing Director’s Recognition Award for negotiating the release of Chevron national staff taken hostage by militants in 2001 without payment of ransom.
• Chevron Managing Director’s Recognition and award for successful GMOU implementation. (2008)
• Chevron Recognition and Award for successful renegotiation of KEFFES and Regional Development Councils under the GMOU Concept. (2009)
• Chevron Recognition and Award for Media Capacity Building. (2009)
• Chevron Departmental Level Four Recognition and Award for investigating and discovering a financial leakage in company operations thereby saving several millions of Naira per year.
• Chevron GMOU Leading Team Award. (2009)
• Chevron Excellence Award in Community Development Management – EGCDF and Dodo Regional Development Councils. (2009 & 2012 respectively)
• Chevron Public Affairs Departmental Award for invaluable contribution towards organizational success. – (June, 2014)